Tuesday, February 16, 2010

wwbbd



what i want to know is when did the olympics decide it would be a good idea to play a million events at once so instead of just watching the figure skating i have to watch luge, some sort of snowboard racing, interviews with all these athletes and an equal amount of commercials to actual show. i suppose they must be in cahoots with tivo, don't get me wrong, i have a dvr and i hate commercials so much that i will routinely try to fast forward live television and when i realize its live i will set the show to record and watch it later just to miss the commercials. so i love my dvr, right now its faithfully recording lost so i can watch it tomorrow probably without commercials. i do not love however that shows like the olympics say they are on when they aren't making it hard to record and then they go ahead and jump all over the place never letting me see who wins until i either lose interest and change the channel or get too tired to wait and go to bed. i have yet to see any medal ceremonies and its not looking promising. i guess i mostly watch it for sentimental reasons anyways, its not like i like any sort of sports but i have so many memories of watching mark hammil do back flips and brian boitano spin with his hand in the air and even though its sort of missing the drama of the nancy kerrigan days its like a little piece of home. so if the luge and snowboarding racers would just get their own time slot instead of invading the figure skating i would really appreciate it. come on olympics producers, just ask yourself, what would brian boitano do?

L.

3 comments:

  1. YES! If you make me a WWBBD bracelet, I'll wear it.

    Remember when the figure skater that I wanted to win lost and I yelled out "I hate her" about the girl who won. I mean I was really passionate about that stuff back then, and I guess the parents just didn't understand. I got sent straight to my room for the rest of the night. In retrospect its probably best we were poor and couldn't go to the Olympics to watch them live. I may have found a large stick to vent my frustrations on the person stealing the gold. And we all know how that would end...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i guess we had our one sport every four years that we could be passionate about. i would have died if we had gotten to see them live. seeing you steal the gold would have been priceless. mostly i remember the year i was torn between watching the couples competition and playing zelda. i think zelda won for most of the night.

    L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohh zelda.......

    but hey lets not forget the year when ALL i wanted for christmas was figure skates and i made it quite clear that nothing else would do. mom and dad said they couldnt find any at all...not one pair of figure skates for their aspiring skater. i blame them for the lack of olympic gold medals not hanging above my nonexistent mantel.

    TOE PICK!!

    ...R...

    ReplyDelete