Thursday, February 11, 2010

spring rain

Singin` in the Rain (1952)
Singin` in the Rain (1952) Photos



its raining today, but its not just any rain. the ground is no longer frozen. the grass is starting to grow. the trees are starting to get little buds on them and yesterday morning one of my neighbors was even running their wind machines. most people hate the wind machines but i love them for three reasons. 1. they are like a giant fan and for those of you who need a fan to sleep you know why this is a good thing. 2. they remind me that spring is so oh so close. and 3. when they are all running together it looks like the whole field could take off for the clouds at any moment which makes me feel a little like when i was little and still believed in magic...but back to the rain, today its special because since the ground isn't frozen their is a musty, earthy smell that can only be described as the beginning of spring. which means winter is ending early this year. which makes me want to go outside and swing around a light pole and dance in puddles with my umbrella. their are even birds singing so apparently i'm not the only one.


Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face
I walk down the lane
With a happy refrain
Just singin',
Singin' in the rain

L.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so glad i forced you to watch SIngin in The Rain over and over and over and...i was just thinking about that song yesterday actually.

    R.

    ReplyDelete