Monday, February 1, 2010

if you see my creativity tell it to come home

i would say that i have a healthy amount of creativity. when i looked at something handmade i can usually say that i could probably figure out how to make it for cheaper. i'm too lazy to make it for cheaper but still...i could. i am not some amazing poet but i've been known to write some decent poetry and even the occasional story. even after learning to play an instrument finally i was able to create the occasional song. so when my guitar teacher gives me the chords to house of the rising sun and tells me to do my own thing with it and make it different somehow does my brain freeze. it wasn't like i had to do it then, i could understand that since being put on the spot pretty much reduces me to a three year old with a mouthful of candy and all i can do is stare blankly in complete terror that my body will betray me and do something horribly horribly wrong. no it was just something to work on, something to come back with next week. so now here i am on the computer averting my eyes away from my guitar trying not to think about it. maybe if i don't think about it something will occur to me. maybe if i rip that page out of my notebook he'll forget. maybe i just don't want to do my own thing, or maybe i don't want to do my own version of someone else's thing. maybe my creativity will make an appearance this week and i won't look like a complete idiot.

L.

1 comment:

  1. i think it's more the rebellion against being told what to do...just tell him you'll be creative when you feel like it.

    ...R...

    ReplyDelete